COMM 200 Journal 1


     When thinking about the writing process, the idea of researching, drafting, revising, and editing comes to mind. This is a process that many people deem to be the correct way to write. That being said, writing tends to be a creative process, so people tend to put a spin on the classic four steps to make this process their own. In this short journal, I will explain my writing process, and compare it to the example given above. 

When I sit down to write, I like to start by thinking through the idea or topic that I am going to write about. I am a horrible note-taker, so I tend to spend the first step of my writing process doing some individual research. This might include using the internet, reading a book, or finding an article about whatever topic I am preparing to write about. Once I get a solid grasp on what I want to write, I find the best way to get started is to just get typing. Once I get a few words on the page, everything else starts to flow. If I get stuck I like to refer back to whatever article, website, book, or journal I was reading to help me get back on track. The revising and editing part of my writing process comes after my paper/essay/journal is done. I tend to just read through and change what I do not like. Once I am satisfied I consider my work finished. 


A few personal things that I like to do when I am writing include listening to music, talking to myself to hear my words out loud, and writing with the lights off to help myself relax. I also like to have some sort of beverage or snack to help me stay focused.


Comments

  1. Great breakdown of the writing process. I'm also going to refer to this when/if you have errors that could be fixed by editing. I mention that because not a lot of people edit, either while writing or after. I'm looking forward to more of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Semiotics in a Snickers Commercial